Estate Planning in Houston, TX
Probate and Estate Planning from Andrew J. Bolton, Esq.
Andrew J. Bolton, Esq. is a law firm with more than 25 years of litigation experience in Houston, Texas, and the surrounding areas. We understand no two clients are the same, which is why we strive to provide personalized legal representation. We offer services in a range of areas, including will drafting, prenuptial agreements, trusts, and drafting of other estate planning documents. We are on call 24 hours a day, meaning you can always speak to an attorney when you call. There’s no jumping through hoops and no headaches. We believe client accessibility and transparency are essential, so Andrew J. Bolton, Esq. provides both. Our number one goal is to be an invaluable resource for our clients.
Our Legal Solutions, From Estate Planning to Probate
At the Law Offices of Andrew J. Bolton, Esq., we have extensive experience handling high-stakes and high net worth probate matters. A seasoned probate lawyer should be skilled at combining strong advocacy with creative problem-solving solutions. We help clients in Southeast Texas,( and statewide) in each of the following areas:
- Divorce Mediation
- Uncontested Divorce
- Contested Divorces
- High Asset Divorces
- Divorces Involving Family Violence
- High Net Worth Divorces Involving Discovering the Location of Assets and Business Valuations
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Fathers’ Rights
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Spousal Support and Alimony
- Probate Bond
- Wills Drafting
- Contested Probate Proceedings
- Estate Planning for Mintors
- Guardianship Of Minors And Adults
- Family Settlement Agreements
Whatever your probate law or estate planning needs are, Andrew J. Bolton, Esq., is here to assist! We are committed to quality representation and client accessibility, ensuring you get the legal services you deserve.
Why Is Estate Planning Necessary?.
Estate planning is necessary because it ensures that your property and assets are appropriately allocated and protected upon your passing. In some cases, it estate planning ensures that your family is protected from any unnecessary taxation or costs. Your estate includes all of your assets, including your personal property and bank accounts. But estate planning isn’t only for large estates; smaller estates and accounts may benefit as well. Oftentimes it is essential to consult with an estate planning attorney to ensure your wishes are fulfilled after your death. There are several components to proper estate planning, which can be challenging to navigate without a legal education. You can rely on Andrew J. Bolton, Esq. to help you navigate these complex processes:
- Last Will and Testament: Even if you’re in good health, you should be thinking about ways to make it easier for your family should something happen to you. Wills are essential for this purpose. A will is a written document identifying beneficiaries of specific assets and how the estate must be managed after your death. Therefore, it is crucial to speak with a skilled lawyer for guidance.
- Executor: The testator of the will (the one who creates the will) is in charge of designating an executor. The duty of an executor is to submit the will for probate, and to settle outstanding debts, and to distribute assets to beneficiaries.
- Probate Bond: Courts may require that an executor obtain a probate bond. The probate bond serves as an insurance policy against mistakes and intentional acts of wrongdoing by an executor resulting in financial losses for beneficiaries. In many cases, the requirement to post a bond can be waived by the Court.
- Trusts: A trust is a legal creation put in place to hold and manage assets for designated beneficiaries. This is a relatively common legal arrangement. Andrew J. Bolton, Esq. can help you establish or manage a trust. We do so while providing you with experienced legal representation.
In addition to providing estate planning services for individuals, we also offer specialized estate planning services for business owners. This kind of estate planning ensures that issues such as ownership, resources, and responsibilities are allocated precisely to fit your specifications. To learn more about Andrew J. Bolton, Esq.’s estate planning services, feel free to call 936-337-4036 to speak directly to an attorney!
Request a case evaluation today to let us know how we can help you and your family!
Why Choose Our Firm?
- Speak Directly With an Attorney
- Personalized & Professional Solutions
- Confidential Consultations
- Affordable Representation